Many of our individual programs, as well as our state association, provide need based scholarships ranging from $500 to $2500 dollars to help students with unmet financial need complete their degree requirements.
CONGRATULATIONS SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
We are so proud to have awarded scholarships to eight very worthy candidates this year, representing so many of our programs and member institutions. One of our scholarships is annually awarded to a Classic Upward Bound student in honor of Congressman Robert C. “Bobby” Scott’s stalwart and on-going support for TRIO programs throughout the Commonwealth. And each year, we recognize a minimum of one at-large winner who had the highest score from among the non-recipients for the program specific scholarships in recognition of Ollie Tolliver’s extensive contributions to VAEOPP and to TRIO.
Congratulations to the following scholarship award recipients:
- Educational Opportunity Centers Scholarship (At-Large): Danielle Ratliff, Southwest Virginia Community College
- Student Support Services, Four Year Program Scholarship: Verline Mendez, Hampton University
- Student Support Services, Two Year Program Scholarship: Rafael Corredor Martinez, Thomas Nelson Community College
- Talent Search Scholarship: Katelyn Richardson, Wytheville Community College
- Upward Bound Math / Science Scholarship: Joshua Gravely, Patrick Henry Community College
- Veterans Upward Bound Scholarship (At-Large): Kendra Keen, Southwest Virginia Community College
- Robert C. “Bobby” Scott Classic Upward Bound Scholarship: Juel Hayes, Old Dominion University
- Ollie Tolliver Legacy Scholarship (At-Large): Katie-Beth Stiltner, Southwest Virginia Community College
Please check back regularly for information on the 2016-17 scholarship application criteria and deadlines.