Enrolling in and attending college presents many new opportunities for growth and development. Student Support Services (SSS) is a program designed to help students who are income eligible, first generation and/or have a documented disability successfully navigate this new adventure. We serve students who have the potential and desire to achieve the goal of a college degree or certificate, while meeting program eligibility requirements. The program serves as your personal guide through the educational process at RCC to success.
RCC receives funding for SSS from the U.S. Department of Education through TRiO, a series of federal higher education support grant programs. Participant eligibility criteria is dictated by the federal grant.Learn the steps to take part in the SSS program.
Support services are available free of charge and include:
- Counseling is available for you to discuss your college experiences, personal life, and career choices
- Advising allows for the exploration of your 4-year college transfer needs, selection of your RCC classes, and tracking your coursework towards graduation
- Tutoring is offered for many RCC classes by appointment in both one to one and group formats. Tutoring is also offered on-line through the NetTutor program in Blackboard
- College Success Workshops are scheduled throughout the semester to engage you in learning effective study habits, time management skills, transfer information, and general college transition strategies
- Cultural Events expose you to historical sites, plays, music, art, museums, 4-year college tours, and sports events in order to broaden your experiences and opportunities
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Assistance affords you the opportunity to stay current on the necessary steps to complete the Federal FAFSA form and provides information on available scholarships for RCC students. The SSS program also distributes a limited number of student grant awards to eligible participants.
- Financial Literacy Workshops for SSS participants are facilitated by local financial experts. Topics include help with financing a college education, understanding how to use credit, how to create and maintain a budget, and how to keep your bank account balanced
- Assistance for Students with Disabilities encourages students to be self-advocates and works in collaboration with the disability services arranged through the Office of Student Development. RCC provides appropriate academic accommodations as provided by Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title V of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Our goal is your success. We welcome your visits. Feel free to stop by and visit with us. Offices are located on each campus in the Student Development suite.
Glenns Campus office – Room 106
Warsaw Campus office – Room 105
For more information about RCC’s Student Support Services program, visit their SSS page.